Tuesday 30 March 2010

Another Tuesday (I think!)

I went to bed last night at the normal time - eleven thirty ish - and read my book for a while like I normally do (Dolphin Island by Arthur C Clark if you're interested)*. I turned the light out at about twelve thirty. And lay there.
Now, today I was supposed to be going to a conference on marketing. But the problem was, last night I just lay there. And lay there. 2am - still awake, just laying there thinking "Christ, if I don't go to sleep soon I'm going to be crap tomorrow!" Did that help? Of course not. At about 3am I got up and made myself a coup of Horlicks (Caramel flavour). It didn't help.
At about five I gave up, came downstairs and had some toast and Marmite.
I knew now that the conference was out the window. I'd fall asleep during the really interesting talk by Simon Fanshawe, or the Facebook and Twitter workshop. So I gave up.

I watched a really good movie called 'The Escapist' starring Brian Cox as a prisoner planning to escape so that he could visit his dying daughter. Absolutely gripping and highly recommended - with the most amazing ending!


Then a couple of episodes of Nip/Tuck full of bonking and people having their faces sewn back on. Which was nice.

Then I wrote a polite letter of apology to the conference organisers. And watched another Nip/Tuck. I just can't believe Kimber is dead - I'm sure she's going to do a Harold Bishop!

Anyway, here I am typing away. A couple of cups of coffee inside me, knowing that I'm going to be total crap for the rest of the day. The only upside is that I don't have anything to do as I planned to be out all day.

And I won't be fixing the blog template yet - I'm bound to make it even worse!

*Crikey! That's a coincidence, seeing that it's Dolphin Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment